5 not-to-miss technology conferences in Europe
The infosec community is constantly growing and over the years we’ve witnessed an increase in insightful technology conferences that tackle a range of topics at the forefront of the industry. Key matters such as online security, data protection, machine learning, artificial intelligence, biometric technology, legislation and regulatory changes have been consistently addressed by industry experts and thought leaders.
Here’s a list with 5 most important European technology conferences that shouldn’t be missed:
- Cyber Security Summit – Being a well developed economy and one of the major fintech hubs, London is among the preferred places for organizing such amazing conferences. The CS Summit is perceived as one of the major cyber conferences in the UK. Each edition brings together some of the most experienced and widely known cyber experts, government officials and policy makers to discuss the status and future development of cyber security in Europe and the rest of the world.
- InfoSecurity Europe – The annual conference on cybersecurity has rapidly became one of the largest key events in Europe. The conference’s reputation is bolstered by the fact that industry thought leaders share their valuable knowledge and real life experiences in the field of information security.
- Black Hat Europe – The conference is one of the most insightful, relevant and important ones in the entire world. Organized for more than 20 years in different regions, the Black Hat umbrella provides the attendees with the latest details in research, development, and trends in information security.
- Cloud & Cyber Security Expo – Although not as famous as the above mentioned events, the Cloud & Cyber Security Expo is quickly gaining ground. More than 100 speakers gather annually to share their insights and inspiration and hundreds of cybersecurity providers present their services and solutions critical to cloud security.
- Web Summit – although it does not focus exclusively on security, the event is worth mentioning as it is amazing, the greatest technology conference in Europe. Since its inception in 2010, the event has grown from 400 attendees to over 60,000 attendees from more than 150 countries. Web Summit connects the technological area with all industries all over the world. Undeniably, Web Summit is the place where most innovative technology companies gather and where the most relevant stories are shared to inspire others to transform their businesses and their lives.
In 2018, Press on Security will attend the Web Summit in Lisbon and we’ll be able to keep you posted with live updates.
What are some of your favourite conferences on security and/or technology?